CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
Work on a multi million dollar project and develop your career surrounded by colleagues that are supportive, collaborative and inclusive and together deliver an iconic section of civil infrastructure that connects with the Western Sydney Airport.
Part of the well established Engineering and Design team on Sydney's largest projects, you will be responsible for assisting in managing the design delivery process by coordinating design management activities to maximise successful project outcomes. Assist in the production of designated design packages on time and on budget and ensuring you liaise with the project team to ensure designs are developed in accordance with all project requirements
Typical Skills and Responsibilities
- Assist the Design Manager to plan and control the delivery of project design to ensure the achievement of quality, completion and profit objectives
- Coordinate the interaction of project members in the design delivery process, including design, construction, planning and environmental resources
- Monitor and evaluate the work of designers allocated to the project to ensure that their progress meets requirements
- Assist in the design approval process by coordinating issue resolution
- Work in conjunction with the Design Manager around project resourcing
- Assist with client and stakeholder expectations and communicate effectively with the project team
- Manage work and performance of subcontractors with design responsibility
- Work in conjunction with the Design Manager in the development of design budgets and schedules
- Collate information and report against budgets
- Understand design compliance and reporting procedures and processes and leadership in the communication of requirements
- Perform duties in accordance with project processes, systems and procedures
- Degree in Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- 3 years experience in the field of project delivery
- Multi-discipline project experience desirable in Building, Construction, Design
- Tertiary (Bachelor) qualification in Architecture, Building, Construction, Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Awareness of people management processes
- Knowledge of project management structure, plans, specifications, standards and implications for project accountabilities
We are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation. Women and people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities on this project are being sourced directly through CPB and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.