Deputy Contracts Manager
- Job ID
- Deputy Contracts Manager
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Leighton Asia
- Applications close
- Singapore Standard Time
LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialize in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in Singapore.
Commercial planning & monitoring
- Provide inputs to supervisor on commercial aspects of the project management program
- Define documentation guidelines for financial reporting on the project; Oversee adherence to the same on an on-going basis
- Guide subordinates on analysing project revenues and direct/indirect costs against forecasts
- Evaluate options for addressing significant deviations from the plan in consultation with supervisor
- Advise and support relevant project teams on corrective action
- Provide necessary support with respect to documentation, etc. to external audit teams
Risk & opportunity management
- Evaluate risks and opportunities identified by the project teams in consultation with supervisor
- Perform valuations with respect to the potential financial impact of key risks/opportunities
- Adjust project costs to reflect the same for tendering as well as during project execution
- Advise and support relevant project teams on mitigating risks and leveraging opportunities
Cash flow management
- Oversee and direct team on collecting payments from clients in a timely manner; seek support from supervisor in case of any issue
- Liaison with financial institutions for timely payment to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Monitor project cash flows against forecasts on an on-going basis
- Guide subordinates or relevant project teams on taking corrective action for any deviations from forecast
- Raise unresolved issues to supervisor in a timely manner for subsequent planning and resolution
- Conduct commercial negotiations with client during the initial contracting process; Seek inputs from supervisor and project teams on technical aspects
- Oversee timely issue of notices to the client for any subsequent variations in scope of work, sequence of work, timelines, documentation requirements, etc. from the original contract
- Provide necessary clarifications to the client for any queries/concerns related to such notices issued
- Inform the Head of Commercial on major deviations from project scope and outcomes of high-impact negotiations
- Create procurement strategy for the project in conjunction with supervisor
- Review and approve procurement schedules created by subordinate
- Guide subordinate on evaluation of sub-contractors, preparation of contracts and monitoring of sub-contractor performance
- Monitor critical sub-contracted work as directed by supervisor
- Feedback from supervisor on supplier/sub-contractor management
- Set objective goals and evaluate performance of subordinates
- Train and mentor subordinates on technical as well as behavioural aspects of their respective roles
- Provide opportunities to the team to develop their capabilities
- Identify performance gaps in subordinates and provide necessary support to close such gaps
- Recognise and encourage high performing subordinates
- Resolve issues faced by subordinates
- Degree in Quantitative Surveying or related area
- More than 8 years of experience in the construction industry
- 3-5 years of experience in managing the commercial department of projects of similar size/complexity
- Good knowledge of legal aspects relevant to contracting
- Good organization and time management skills
Interested parties, please apply with full resume stating present and expected salary in your application. By submitting your personal data for recruitment purposes, Applicants understood and agreed that the Company may retain such personal data up to a period of two years for the recruitment of any suitable position within the Company.
Information provided will be treated in strict confidence. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful for the applied post.
For more information about Leighton Asia, please visit our Leighton Company Website.
How to apply
- Applications close
- Singapore Standard Time