- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Brisbane
- Safety / Health / Environment / Quality, CPB Contractors
- Applications close
- E. Australia Standard Time
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acmena, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of seven suburban stations to the south
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
We are seeking a Safety Advisor to contribute to the achievement of the Safety and Health Objectives by ensuring that all staff and contractors comply with Statutory, Contractual and Safety Management System obligations for Unity Alliance.
You will be accountable for:
- Assisting in the delivery of Toolbox Talks ensuring the quality of content & delivery for safety topics
- Participate in weekly Safety Inspections and Task Observations with the project delivery team to provide advice, guidance and support in identification and rectification of issues
- Supporting the use of, including undertaking monitoring and auditing of the records management system for safety records
- Reviewing Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and facilitation of SWMS development workshops where necessary
- Reviewing Contractor Safety Management Plans to ensure conformance to requirements
- Lead or participate in investigations, as requested by the WHS Manager or Senior Safety Advisor, into all accidents/incidents to identify root causes and appropriate corrective/preventative actions
- Provision of support in delivery of Daily Pre-starts
- Assisting to compile data/evidence for monthly reporting
- Assisting in the development of S&H standards and processes to ensure the Project(s) complies with regulatory and governance requirements
- Conducting routine audits and reviews of the safety management system implementation on project including issuing non conformances, areas of concern and associated action plans
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of corrective actions
- Supporting the implementation of corrective and preventive strategies
- Managing subcontractor documentation in UNITY Alliance’s Systems and auditing subcontractors compliance.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Must be available to work weekend possessions and night shifts in accordance with the requirements of the project
- Experience in rail infrastructure construction ideal
- Cert IV Work Health and Safety
- ICAM Lead investigator / ICAM Basic Investigator
- Lead Auditor Safety / Auditing a WHS Management System
- Proven high-level of stakeholder management, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Extensive understanding in the interpretation of WHS legislation, Codes of Practices and AS/NZS ISO.
- High level knowledge of safety management system techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment.
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- E. Australia Standard Time