- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
- Legal / Contracts, UGL
We take on exciting work across a breadth of industries and a depth of services as we connect clients with experts in a wide range of fields.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- A chance to join an 8,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Discounted gym membership, discounted health insurance, health and wellbeing program and company-funded salary continuance insurance + more!
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
About the role
At UGL, we believe a company’s ability to move with market changes and new technologies comes down to the strength of its teams. At present, we have an opening for a Commercial Manager based out of our corporate head office in North Sydney.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing commercial management expertise throughout the entire lifecycle of a project whilst providing governance to UGL systems and processes to ensure compliance. This role will see you working on multiple cases in a vibrant and dynamic in-house team.
Your responsibilities will include
- Assist and advise on the formulation and execution of commercial strategy for distressed projects and disputes, in order to maximise profitability of projects. This will include upstream and downstream recovery plans and resolution of outstanding claims.
- Participate in the commercial set up of assigned projects to include the Gate D process and preparation of subcontracts and notice templates.
- Identify areas where time and/or cost are being, or will be compromised, and propose solutions to mitigate loss.
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, channels and protocol between the Group Commercial team and the business.
To be successful in this role you will need
- Law degree plus at least 2 years Post Admission Experience
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.