Build a deeper capability
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As the Operations and Traffic Compliance Leader at Thiess, reporting to the General Manager - Business Excellence, your primary responsibility will be facilitating the application of best practice mine traffic standards across Thiess by:
· Assisting Thiess mining projects with the adoption of the Thiess Safety Essential Traffic Standard and supporting processes
· Managing the Thiess Safety Essential Traffic Standard to ensure best practice processes are incorporated and communicated across the business
· Performing Thiess Safety Essential Traffic audits
· Supporting Thiess mining projects with the optimisation of haulage networks
· Ensuring there is compliance with business governance requirements
With your 10+ years of experience in leadership, operational safety, technical and/or operational roles and your proven experience and knowledge of mine traffic networks, you will succeed in this role by utilising your developed skills in incident investigation, technical writing, analytics and auditing. You will apply your understanding of:
· Mine road design and its construction principles and practices
· Traffic engineering principles and how they apply to the mining environment
· Mine planning processes for traffic management and haulage optimisation
· The development and application of health and safety management systems
To excel in this role, you will draw from your advanced skills in communication, problem-solving and relationship management while demonstrating your ability to influence, challenge the status quo and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please follow the below link.