Safety Assurance Engineer
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
- CPB Contractors
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
Our NSW/ACT building business is experiencing rapid growth with multiple building projects across the NSW/ACT region coupled with recently being awarded the Sydney Metro City & Southwest Pitt Street Station which will provide a 250-metre-long underground Pitt Street Station running from Park Street to Bathurst St, between Pitt and Castlereagh Streets, connecting the two station entries with retail and other commercial facilities.
This is a great opportunity for a Safety Assurance Engineer to join our team and work on The New Sydney Metro City & Southwest Pitt Street Station.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the systems assurance process to meet the system safety requirements for rail operations.
- Participate in and assist with the risk analysis and assessment activities for railway operations to ensure that potential hazards are identified, adequately assessed and mitigated
- Support the project team and design consultants / subcontractors in effectively implementing risk management elements of the SMS, recommending effective risk control measures and evaluating the initial and residual risk involved.
- Review and comment on Systems Assurance submissions from subcontractors
- Ensure safety requirements have been included in designs and communicated to relevant parties
- Review key project processes, documentation and assurance evidence to ensure alignment with verification and validation strategy across the project lifecycle
- Facilitating safety risk workshops and managing the outputs from these workshops
- Ensure all appropriate measures and feedback is in place to support, monitor and review all aspects of the design safety assurance review process
- Support development of the Engineering System Safety Case
- Manage and monitor the Systems Assurance Program
- Manage/support the Independent Safety Assessor review process.
- Management of safety assurance for the project including safety assurance statements
- Management of the verification and validation of technical requirements
- Management of AEO, system integration, management system and audit requirements for the Project
- Ensure an accurate, timely and responsive Engineering service is provided
- Ensure the project complies with regulatory and governance requirements by keeping abreast of governance and regulatory obligations, taking appropriate actions and supporting the implementation of preventive strategies
The ideal applicant will have;
- 5+ years’ experience on a major Rail Construction Project
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field with a minimum of 7 years post graduate experience in systems assurance.
- Understanding of EN Standards and Safety Implications
- Reporting, compliance and records management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience in a similar role managing Systems Assurance, Systems Engineering, Rail Design, Risk Management, Rail Safety Accreditation etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong client focus and excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Strong planning & organising ability and a penchant for problem solving
- Analytical and strategic thinking with demonstrated commercial focus and business acumen
Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering/construction is essential. CPB Contractors offers state of the art systems and technology, dynamic business principles, great team environments and lucrative salary packages to commensurate your experience.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Market competitive salary
- Structured training and development
- Corporate employee discounts with numerous providers
- Well-being benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
How to apply
- Applications close
- AUS Eastern Daylight Time