Senior HR Advisor
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Melbourne
- HR / Training, CPB Contractors
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
As the Senior HR Advisor, you will contribute to the achievement of Vic, SA & Tas Business Unit plans and strategy by delivering HR operational support, providing advice and guidance to business leaders and delivering HR initiatives.
Reporting to the Business Unit HR Manager you will support our Melbourne Head office and a portfolio of smaller projects. The successful candidate will to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organised and can build strong relationships with key Senior Leaders within the region and nationally.
As Senior HR Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Support leaders in improving business performance through people
- Assist the Business Unit HR Manager to implement HR initiatives to support the delivery of the Strategic and Annual project plans
- Simplify tools and processes and contribute to continuous improvement for HR across the business unit
- Support managers to measure performance and provide appropriate guidance to manage underperformance and misconduct
- Identify resource and skill gaps and develop and implement strategies to bridge gaps
- Administration of performance and rewards initiatives across the business unit, including promotions, remuneration changes and allowances
- Manage Annual TFR & Bonus Review process across the business unit
- Drive the implementation of corporate HR initiatives
- Support the business through innovation and the implementation of organisational change as it impacts employees
- Provide guidance and advice on legislative changes and interpretation of business standards
- Drive the completion of Performance and Development reviews
- Negotiate transfer terms to deliver on resourcing needs for client group
- Effectively manage HR Administration and Training functions including 3 direct reports
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 5 -8 years relevant experience in a Senior HR / Business Partnering role
- Tertiary qualifications in HR
- Experience within an engineering, construction or heavy industries highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience initiating and driving leading edge HR initiatives and supporting client group through periods of organisational change
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to interpret employment contracts, awards and enterprise agreements and knowledge of relevant legislation
- Strong service orientation and attention to detail
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in managing employee grievances and workplace investigations
- Ability to work autonomously, self-manage, manage deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Ideally, experience in using Oracle or a similar HRIS
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.