The CIMIC Group is Australia’s largest diversified infrastructure group (revenue $17bn, work in hand $37bn and market cap over $10bn) and its subsidiary, Pacific Partnerships, leads the development of, invests in and manages social and economic infrastructure concession assets, leveraging the group’s financial strength and diverse capabilities. The team’s project development, technical, commercial and finance expertise transform into seamless, value-for-money solutions for clients.
This spans the finance, design, construction and long-term operations and maintenance of critical infrastructure under public private partnership (PPP) and build own operate transfer structures. Pacific Partnerships is a proactive, collaborative partner to clients, infrastructure users, investors and lenders, building on corporate history responsible for delivering more than 20 nationally significant PPP projects with a value of close to $40bn over the past 20 years.
The Project Finance Director of Pacific Partnerships leads the finance workstream on Pacific Partnerships’ greenfield infrastructure projects and is responsible for arranging debt, arranging equity, equity investment and financial structuring. The role extends to negotiation of risk allocation, contractual documentation, oversight of due diligence processes, development of new opportunities, management of relationships with financiers and asset management support.
For a given transaction, it is critical to secure competitive sources of finance, implement the CIMIC Group’s integrated approach to projects and appropriately represent the interest of key stakeholders.
- Contribute demonstrably to the winning of PPP and other complex projects tendered by Pacific Partnerships and CIMIC
- Support financier group formation and consortium partner selection
- Secure binding finance commitments on competitive terms (including consideration of alternative innovative solutions)
- Participate in commercial interactions with and presentations to project clients on finance related matters
- Implementation of business model and CIMIC Group
- Contribute to the management of relationships with equity providers, project finance banks, debt investors and other financiers
- Monitor and, as required, provide support to Pacific Partnerships’ assets including refinancing, engagement with financiers and other strategic initiatives.
- As a senior member of the project finance team, contribute and assume responsibility for: team culture of collaboration and innovation; and development and mentoring of the talent.
Competencies, Knowledge & Experience:
- Tertiary Degree (Bachelor level) qualifications in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Maths or Science
- Post-graduate study preferable (including Masters of Finance or CFA)
- Minimum of ten years’ relevant infrastructure or PPP experience
- Experience with lead sponsor level exposure to PPP/Project Finance projects
- Previous debt and equity raising experience
- Previous exposure to construction or engineering sector desirable
- Infrastructure sponsor/equity, project finance banking, financial advisory, debt arranging or infrastructure funds management experience well regarded
At CIMIC Group we offer rewarding careers for our people. That’s one of the benefits of having 7 brands and opportunities globally.
If you join us, some of our benefits also include salary continuance insurance, health & wellness programs, flexible working arrangements and much, much more.
Back yourself and we’ll back you. Get in touch today.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.