Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
The Dawson Coal Mine is in the lower Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 140 kilometres southwest of Gladstone just outside Moura.
About the role
As our next Auto Electrician, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile mining equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing and maintenance procedures
- Complete general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change-outs to a high regard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer-based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
- Lead your crew ensuring everyone works safely and efficiently
- Heavy diesel fitting trade
- HR driver’s licence preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earthmoving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
- Experience in general maintenance, tyre-fitting, breakdowns, component change-outs and servicing mining equipment
Roster & Conditions
- 7 on 7 off rotating shift roster.
- 12 hour day & night shift.
- Permanent position.
- Full camp facilities are available
- Bus transportation is provided to and from camp and site
- No FIFO provided for this position.
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- Electrical trade qualification
- HR driver’s licence preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earthmoving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry Relevant trade qualifications
- Experience working as a leading hand in the maintenance field on an operational mine
- Post-trade operational mine site experience
- Experience in general service, maintenance, breakdowns, component change-outs and proper diagnostics
- Computer system JDE
- OEM computer-based systems, Cat, Cummins, Hitachi and Liebherr
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.