Senior Analyst - Strategy
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
- Business Development, Strategic Review, CIMIC
CIMIC Group Limited (or CIMIC) is the ASX listed entity company and parent of our various operating companies. CIMIC sets the strategic direction, financial expectations, risk profile and governance framework for the CIMIC Group and monitors the performance of its Operating Companies (CPB Contractors, Thiess, Sedgman, UGL, Pacific Partnerships and EIC Activities.)
As a Senior Analyst in the Strategy team you will support the GM and contribute in leading initiatives and managing key strategic analyses across the Group. In collaboration with Operating Companies Strategy teams, you will conduct competitor assessments to develop strategic insights to improve the Group’s strategic market position, delivering superior cash-backed profitability. This is a permanent role based in our North Sydney head office.
Some of your duties will include:
- Delivery of key elements of the Group Strategy
- Lead scoping and implementation of initiatives that operationalise analysis insights
- Develop strategic recommendations based on detailed qualitative and/or quantitative analysis with minimal need for senior revision
- Present and workshop findings or analysis with senior executives across the Group
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders and management
- Preparation of Board and Executive level presentations
- Produce relevant, high quality analyses and derives value-creating insights
- Maintain a clear stakeholder-focus & presents a positive, professional image at all times
- Develops strong internal and external networks and leverages same to deliver outcomes
What skills and experience do you need?
- Degree qualified in Business, Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred 3+ years’ work experience in the Infrastructure sector (e.g., social, transport, utilities, resources), property sector and/or PPP
- Experience in Consulting preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in delivering strategy or similar areas
- Experience working with financial metrics and performing quantitative strategic analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills – both written and verbal communication
- Team player – able to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships
- Output focused with a track-record of delivering quality product under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in an environment where information is incomplete or changing
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. We see this as potentially a stepping-stone to a broader role, either with CIMIC or an Operating Company.
At CIMIC Group we offer rewarding careers for our people. That’s one of the benefits of having 7 brands and opportunities globally.
If you join us, some of our benefits also include salary continuance insurance, health & wellness programs, flexible working arrangements and much, much more.
Back yourself and we’ll back you. Get in touch today.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.