Senior Supervisor (Structures)
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
Currently more than 50% complete, the Transmission Gully Project involves the construction of a new highway through challenging terrain that will require approximately 6 million cubic metres of earthworks, significant stream diversions and vegetation clearing. The project works include 27 kilometres of 4-lane motorway in a single road corridor, 3 grade-separated interchanges, 2 grade-separated connections, and 28 separate bridge and underpass structures.
As Senior Supervisor (Structures), you will report to the Structures Manager and be responsible for assisting the team achieve optimum production and cost outcomes on the day-to-day running of projects. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your previous success, gained from a successful “hands on” career to lead teams and maximise project resources to deliver results, including direct supervision of Steelfixers, Concrete Finishers, and Carpenters crews.
Key to securing this role will be a strong background working on relevant bridges, roads, motorway/highway and major civil infrastructure projects.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Demonstrated experience in bridge construction, concrete and other structural works
- Minimum 15 years’ experience working on civil construction projects, 5 years in a supervisory role ideally working on large scale works with Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractors
- Demonstrated commercial experience to include planning up to 1 month ahead and reviewing the master program 6 months ahead while monitoring cost and time of resources within area of accountability
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience managing yourself and a team within civil construction to deliver works between $25M and $100M
- The ability to engage with sub-contractors, and to communicate with people at all levels to ensure productivity, compliance, and the ability to engage with sub-contractors, and to communicate with people at all levels to ensure productivity, compliance, and drive results
As the successful candidate you will need to be a self-starter who is highly motivated, well organized and committed to the highest possible work standards. You will also have the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
In return, we offer rewarding careers, genuine opportunities to develop and grow, and a workplace culture that values and recognizes effort and contribution.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please apply below.