Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions
- Job ID
- Job Type
- Permanent Full-time
- Aus - Sydney
CIMIC Group Limited (or CIMIC) is the ASX listed entity company and parent of our various operating companies. CIMIC sets the strategic direction, financial expectations, risk profile and governance framework for the CIMIC Group and monitors the performance of its Operating Companies (CPB Contractors, Thiess, Sedgman, UGL, Pacific Partnerships and EIC Activities.)
The Manager will support the EGM and senior leaders across the Group in the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team who are responsible for the execution of Group transactions and management of the Group’s investment portfolio, listed investments and other joint venture and associate equity interests.
A key focus of the role will be to run key projects, manage project work streams and oversee the analytical support and due diligence.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Represent CIMIC Group interests in the delivery and management of a transaction/project and ensure the Acquisition and Divestment policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work with the Operatin Companies and project team to execute key workstreams, including the management of due the diligence process
- Manage external service providers to achieve desired outcomes
- Monitor industry developments, economic drivers and competitor activity relevant to investment, divestment and acquisition decisions
- Develop relationships with external advisors to remain up to date with market and industry news
- Oversee the development of financial models for forecasting and valuation purposes
- Deliver project Board papers, ad hoc and routine analysis to the M&A team and other group executives as required
- Present data in a way that is capable of clear communication to key stakeholders
Experience & Skills required
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance (or similar discipline)
- CA / CFA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a M&A, Finance or Strategy Manager
- Extensive exposure to M&A transactions through a corporate, bank, financial advisor or accounting firm
- Demonstrated understanding of company structures, reporting, legal concepts and general business acumen
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
At CIMIC Group we offer rewarding careers for our people. That’s one of the benefits of having 7 brands and opportunities globally.
If you join us, some of our benefits also include salary continuance insurance, health & wellness programs, flexible working arrangements and much, much more.
Back yourself and we’ll back you. Get in touch today.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.