Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Time Capture Officer, reporting to the Wages Payroll Manager you
will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The purpose of this role is to provide timely and accurate completion of the capture of time data for wages employees specific to Thiess sites ensuring all payroll deadlines are met.
You will be required to make decisions based on data provided surrounding the payment of wages in order to complete weekly and fornightly payroll.
To be successful in this role you are required to:
- Ensure all payroll deadlines are met
- Data Time Capture
- Daily import (where applicable) and verification of hours worked through infoMINE
- Verify leave forms have been received and leave balances are adequate.
- Calculation of retro back pay where applicable/required
- Award Interpretation
- Review and amend hours where necessary
- Check payroll reports for accuracy
- NewStarters/Updating of Employee Masterfile Data
- Summarise new starter information from PageUp and check details in Oracle
- Liaise with Pay Systems where new rates/classifications/positions are required
- Amend employee Masterfile details in Oracle
To be considered for this role you are required to have:
- 3 – 5 years’ payroll experience in a similar role including interpretation of awards and EA’s
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Access, PageUp, and Oracle experience is desirable
- Numeric aptitude
- Keyboard/data entry 65wpm
Our Commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always. Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included. Visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess for more information.
At Thiess, you can expect to grow a career in an environment that fosters opportunities, encourages innovation and recognises and rewards excellence.
Our employee benefits program will offer you the choice and flexibility to enhance your wellbeing and lifestyle, including discounted health insurance and novated leasing amongst others.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.