Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
About the role
As our next Auto Electrician reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Based at our Rocky’s Reward open-cut mining project, WA with an 2/1 FIFO (Days & Nights) roster from Perth, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. The successful applicant will join a passionate and energetic team where they will be responsible for providing technical knowledge, support and assistance to Thiess’ maintenance operations.
In this role, you will:
- Complete relevant maintenance-based activities to achieve site production targets
- Conduct required inspection to maximise equipment utilisation
- Complete Job Planning Sheets (JPS) as required; with accuracy to enable job completion to plan
- Conduct technical inspections and job estimations
- Operate equipment for maintenance purposes as required
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Trade Certificate in Automotive Electrical Fitting or relevant equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- HR Driver’s Licence essential
- Demonstrated experience with CAT Dump Trucks, Dozers and Loaders, Hitachi Excavators and a wide range of mine site Ancillary Fleet
- Air conditioning maintenance, service and repairs
About the benefits
- Salary sacrificing for flights into Perth
- Accommodation is provided in the Leinster Village and township. With recent investment in the town and the mine site, there are great facilities available to make you feel comfortable
- Leinster has a swimming pool, fitness centre, squash, basketball and tennis courts, a grassed oval, an indoor sporting stadium and a 6 hole golf course
- There is also a medical centre, plus an IGA supermarket which also has access to an ATM facility
- There is no ‘Wet Mess’ as this function is provided at the Tavern which also offers meals and a bottle shop
- Leinster is only a 1 hour and 20 minute flight from Perth with a short drive from camp to site, meaning you spend less time travelling to and from work
- Full time direct employment, a competitive salary and the opportunity to be a part of the world's largest Mining Services Provider: Thiess Mining & Metals
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link.